classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Error on grid generation for spheres nested inside block

randress
This post was updated on .
I created a geometry by nesting two concentric spheres (1m and 50cm radius) in the center of a block (2m^2).

After selecting Grid mode, on grid generation (accepting the default size) the following error was displayed in a window:

Grid generation error.

Error using <a href="matlab:matlab.internal.language.introspective.errorDocCallback('featool>get_tags')" style="font-weight:bold">featool>get_tags</a>
Too many input arguments.

Error in <a href="matlab:matlab.internal.language.introspective.errorDocCallback('featool')" style="font-weight:bold">featool</a>

Error in <a href="matlab:matlab.internal.language.introspective.errorDocCallback('featool')" style="font-weight:bold">featool</a>

This is the model file:
Sphere1mSphere50cmInBox2m.fea

Thinking the problem could be with how I constructed the "shell" with concentric solids, I then built another model identical to the first except the smaller sphere was subtracted from the larger, creating the shell explicitly.

On grid generation a similar (identical?) error was displayed:

Grid generation error.

Error using <a href="matlab:matlab.internal.language.introspective.errorDocCallback('featool>get_tags')" style="font-weight:bold">featool>get_tags</a>

Too many input arguments.

Here is its model file:
Sphere1m_minus_Sphere50cmInBox2m.fea

Should I have adjusted the grid size from the default? Have I violated a limitation regarding object nesting?

Thanks ahead of time for looking into it,
-Randal

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Error on grid generation for spheres nested inside block

Precise Simulation
Administrator
I am currently reworking the geometry engine which will hopefully help with the decomposition and be available sometime next week.
Reply | Threaded
|

randress
Precise Simulation wrote
I am currently reworking the geometry engine ...
This sounds great!

Good luck,

-Randal

Reply | Threaded
|

randress
I retested both examples included in this post. Both generate grid with no error:

Sphere1m_minus_Sphere50cmInBox2m.fea:

Sphere1mSphere50cmInBox2m.fea:

Thanks for the upgrade!

In order to take advantage of the 1.12.4 build 1.87 upgrade, must I rebuild geometries built with upgraded engine?  

I gather that the grid generation process must be repeated, but I am asking about the creation of the model using the Geometry mode, correct?

-Kind regards,
Randal
Reply | Threaded
|

mgriffith
I was about to post about a problem I was having meshing a complicated geometry when I noticed this thread. I updated to the latest version and it fixed my problem as well.

Thank you,

Matt