classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

stirred tank reactor

James
Hi FEATool team,

Could you let me know if FEATool can be applied to stirred tank reactor with Impeller (i.e., CFD and convection and diffusion)?

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: stirred tank reactor

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Hi James,

Unfortunately, there is no built-in functionality to support moving meshes (with remeshing), or overlapping meshes which are usually required for simulation of stirred tanks. In the future it planned to support more OpenFOAM CFD solvers some of which should support such functionality.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: stirred tank reactor

CFD2D
Precise Simulation wrote
Hi James,

Unfortunately, there is no built-in functionality to support moving meshes (with remeshing), or overlapping meshes which are usually required for simulation of stirred tanks. In the future it planned to support more OpenFOAM CFD solvers some of which should support such functionality.
As I said in my another post.. maybe it’s possible if using simulink or something else and putting meshing etc outside for remesh and and and.. I have something similliar and would to plan to integrate such system in Simulink..

For example: I want to build a transient model.. and I used in last time the “adaptive mesh refinement” tool in starccm+.. I saw it give many such things in openfoam too.. so maybe only use FeaTool as Eq solver and put a customsized solver inside and linked with another programs in Simulink? I think that will working of course

Best regards
CFD2D
Marten Mehring
Madrigal Industrial Solutions UG