6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

csv format

Zahra
Dear FEATool support team,

To export data in csv format from the post and export result paths in FEATool,
I'm getting an "Export Failed" error and haven't been able to resolve this issue.

Could you please give me some guidance or guidance on how to successfully export data in csv format from FEATool?

Regards,
Zahra
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: csv format

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Fixes for CSV and Excel export were made in version 1.16.4, can you confirm that you are running this version. If so please attach your model file and the expressions you are trying to export so we can try to reproduce the issue.
Reply | Threaded
|

Zahra

Due to the file size I couldn't send it. I would appreciate it if you could send me your email address or help me in this regard.

All the best,
Zahra
Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Hi Zahra,

I see, as email also isn't suitable for large file shares, could you perhaps try to share the file through a online file sharing service, such as:

https://www.swisstransfer.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Zahra

Wishing you all the best for the new year.

I appreciate that. This issue was resolved by reinstalling the latest version of featool. Although I wrote a Matlab program from fea (the data comes from my simulation) to get data in csv format, the values ​​are different compared to data obtained directly in Featool CSV format.
On the other hand, some problems have arisen with the fea data. The number of fea.sol.u is 122217 divided by 5 and comes from fea.dvar, including {u,v,w,p,lm1_p} is not an integer.
The same applies to the number of nodes, which is 30554 and divided by 4 (the number that comes from c[4×126690 nodes x elements]) is not an integer.
In my programs I have to neglect two final values ​​of fea.sol.u and fea.grid.p (solutions and nodes) to get the integer values.
I'm wondering if this method makes sense and if it is the reason for the difference value between my program's csv data and the data obtained directly from featool.

The last problem is the discrepancy between 4x126690=506760 and the number of nodes, which is 30554. I would be grateful if you could help me solve it.

Best Regards,
Zahra
Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Thank you for confirming that updating to the current version helped with CSV export.

The CSV export functionality evaluates and exports selected data in grid point by default, the field [fea.grid.p] so the CSV data should have the column length "size(fea.grid.p,2)" if you did not change the export coordinates. The data evaluation itself is just the code

n_p = size(xp,2);
n_sdim = size(xp,1);
n_expr = length(expr);
data = [xp.', zeros(n_p, n_expr)];
for i=1:n_expr
  data(:,n_sdim + i) = evalexpr( expr{i}, xp, fea, solnum );
end

where "expr" is a cell array of the expressions to evaluate, for example "{'u', 'v', 'w', 'p'}".