CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: asking help about openfoam solver

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Could you verify that you are using FEATool v1.12 (Select "About FEATool" from the "Help" menu). If you are using an earlier version please first update to the latest version (The latest version can always be found at the FEATool github page).

Once you a running v1.12 please select "System Info" from the "Help" menu and report what it says.

aye wrote
I am a new user of featool multiphysis and cfdtool solver.I would like to know how to integrate cfd tool and openfoam. I would like to solve the problem by using openfoam solver. Whenenver I click the openfoam on the cfd tool solver , it appear 'openfom solver interface not aviable'. I already installed' blueCFD-Core 2017 terminal'.
aye
Reply | Threaded
|

aye

I installed and upgraded FEATool v1.12 and CFDtool 1.40 but these show me .
How to solve this problem?
aye
Reply | Threaded
|

aye
Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Firstly, here you seem to have started CFDTool instead of FEATool. CFDTool is a toolbox only for 2D CFD while FEATool supports more complex multi-physics problems and solvers (also 3D etc). If you have FEATool you don't need CFDTool, so I recommend to uninstall/delete CFDTool to avoid confusion. And just start FEATool (click on the "FEATool Multiphysics" button in the Matlab "Apps" toolbar).

Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
In reply to this post by aye
From the screenshot it does seem to have found your OpenFOAM installation. What happend if you try to run the "Model Examples And Tutorials..." > "Fluid Dynamics" > "Turbulent Flow Over a Backwards Facing Step" from the "File" menu (this is a CFD model which will try to use OpenFOAM)?

aye wrote
I installed and upgraded FEATool v1.12 and CFDtool 1.40 but these show me .
How to solve this problem?
aye
Reply | Threaded
|

aye
I am trying to run "laminar channel flow in fluid dynamics from model example and tutorial file'. Here, I used cfdtool to run this tutorial. I would like to use openfoam solver. So, After making geometry, grid, equation and boundary step, I do the solver. Here I choose openfoam solver. The program response below the picture. So I visited the cfdtool.com and upgraded and try again.Program response like this . How to solve this problem.
Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
I see, please try the same tutorial in FEATool (_not CFDTool_ as it currently requires a license for using OpenFOAM). FEATool supports all features of CFDTool and also has much more functionality, and has more updates (and bug fixes).

aye wrote
I am trying to run "laminar channel flow in fluid dynamics from model example and tutorial file'. Here, I used cfdtool to run this tutorial. I would like to use openfoam solver. So, After making geometry, grid, equation and boundary step, I do the solver. Here I choose openfoam solver. The program response below the picture. So I visited the cfdtool.com and upgraded and try again.Program response like this . How to solve this problem.
aye
Reply | Threaded
|

aye
Yes Sir!Thank you so much for your kindly reply