classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Parametric Design using for loops

khoa_dang
Hello,

I am designing a tubular structure with cuts along its length. Because the cuts are similar in length and different in location, I used the for loops to create a set of geometries then use the "geom_apply_formula" to subtract them from the tubular structure. Problem is when I after each iteration of the for loop, the object tag is change, e.g. from P to P1, P2,.. . Is there a way to make the tag not change or use 1 tag for a set of geometry?

Thank you.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Parametric Design using for loops

Precise Simulation
Administrator
khoa_dang wrote
I am designing a tubular structure with cuts along its length. Because the cuts are similar in length and different in location, I used the for loops to create a set of geometries then use the "geom_apply_formula" to subtract them from the tubular structure. Problem is when I after each iteration of the for loop, the object tag is change, e.g. from P to P1, P2,.. . Is there a way to make the tag not change or use 1 tag for a set of geometry?
Currently each geometry object requires a unique tag in order to be able to access/locate the right object. And currently assemblies are not supported, but it is a feature to be included in the future.

That said objects are labeled and numbered incrementally, for example if creating a circle the tag will be C# where # is the number of C tags +1. Or if joining two objects, the root is CJ# +1.