classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fluid Structure Interaction

Markus W
Hey :)
I am using FEATool to get a simulation of a FSI - Fluid Structure Interaction. My first subdomain is suppose to be a sphere - the solid. My second subdomain is an air stream/jet/inlet - the fluid part.
With the inlet my sphere is supposed to move in the stream/geometry, that does work.

Now my question is, if its possible to get an interaction between my sphere and the walls of the air stream? (its set up as Wall/No Slip) in the boundaries, because right now the sphere will move out this geometry/stream with no collision at the walls of the jet.

Appreciate any suggestions :)

With best regards,

Markus.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Fluid Structure Interaction

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Not entirely sure if such interactions (with collision detection) should actually be supported. The FSI solver is currently based on redbKIT, perhaps you can check and see if it should be supported:

http://redbkit.github.io/redbKIT
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Fluid Structure Interaction

Sean
In reply to this post by Markus W
Hi, Markus.

I am working on a simulation of FSI (Fluid Structure Interaction) similar to yours – the motion of a solid sphere in a flow domain. However, my sphere is not move in the stream successfully.

I set the boundary condition of the sphere as “Fluid-Structure interface”. Then I call the “FSI Solver”. An Error message pops up that is “No boundary conditions are imposed on component 1”. I promise I have set. Does it require additional boundary conditions?

I have no idea how to solve this problem. Sincerely request any advice and suggestions.

With best regards,
Sean.