classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Extrude face

Zahra
Hello,

I want to extrude the face of a rectangular box.

However, when selecting the face and clicking on Geometry -> Extrude Face, I get the following error message:

Can anyone advise me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help
Zahra
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Extrude face

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Thank you for reporting, it must be a bug in the geometry engine. Could you attach your model file so we can reproduce the issue?
Reply | Threaded
|

Zahra
Thank you for your prompt response. The model file associated with FEATool is named fea.
Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Zahra wrote
The model file associated with FEATool is named fea.
Yes ok, could you *attach* the model file so we can reproduce the error? Without being able to reproduce the error here we can not debug the issue.
Reply | Threaded
|

Zahra
Kindly see the attached file.

Zahra_3D.fea
Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Thank you for reporting the issue. We have found the bug, a fix for this will be included in the next update/release due September.
Reply | Threaded
|

Zahra
Hello,
Many thanks for your consideration.
In the attached file, I have decided to omit the "F1:f10" face. To achieve this, I selected the face and applied the "Geometry/Extrude Face".  However, I have observed that the result of this operation is a duplicate shape overlaying it.

Could you please provide me with instructions or guidance on how to properly delete the "F1:f10" face and resolve the issue?

Sincerely,
Zahra

Before_extruding.fes
Reply | Threaded
|

Zahra
Hello,

I would be grateful if you guided me to omit the B1:f6 face of cube in the attached file.

ZD.fea

Regards,
Zahra
Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
What precisely do you mean by you want to "omit" a face.

The FEATool geometry engine only works on enclosed solids in 3D. So if you would delete a face from a cube it would have a hole which is not permitted. To work with free surfaces in 3D you can use other CAD software, like for example freecad or fusion360, after which you can import the CAD model in STEP or IGES format. Note, that imported geometries into FEATool must be enclosed, no holes in the geometry objects are allowed.