Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Errors while using FEATool in MATLAB Online

samjones
The FEATool program often fails when running on MATLAB Online when calling functions provided by the App. Our developers have traced the issue to the FEATool App not returning a handle as part of the startup function. (See step 3 in these guidelines: Package Apps From the MATLAB Toolstrip) I can pass on the full developer commentary if requested. Thank you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Errors while using FEATool in MATLAB Online

Precise Simulation
Administrator
samjones wrote
The FEATool program often fails when running on MATLAB Online when calling functions provided by the App.  Our developers have traced the issue to the FEATool App not returning a handle as part of the startup function.  (See step 3 in these guidelines: Package Apps From the MATLAB Toolstrip)  I can pass on the full developer commentary if requested.
Thank you for reporting the issue, please do provide the commentary/error message. As suggested a return handle will be added in the future, hopefully this will help a bit with online use (it could be other functionality will not work either, as executable dependencies for CAD, meshing and solvers may not work correctly online).

FEATool has not been designed or tested for running on Matlab online at all, so if possible it is recommended to run it locally (if you don't need m-scripting you can now also use the compiled stand-alone version without Matlab).
Reply | Threaded
|

samjones
I have attached the commentary from the developers.

Unofficially, I ran the entire test suite in MATLAB Online and everything worked beautifully immediately after installation.

Commentary.txt
Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Thank you for testing the toolbox and investigating the issue. The next update should include fixes for the missing application handles, hopefully till will help with running (and post cleanup) on Matlab online.