Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Error: Modifying the search path is not supported by MATLAB Compiler

ebryant
I am running FEATool Multiphysics 1.15.3 Build 22.04.109 on Windows 10 Home. Windows is installed on my MacBook Pro using Bootcamp.

I am experimenting with using Gmsh to do the grid generation. When I try to do that I get an error.

Start FEATool
Select 3D
Click 'OK'
Create a cube (just use the default values)
Select Grid -> Grid Generation...
Choose 'Gmsh' as the Grid Generation Algorithm
Click 'Generate'

Get the following messages...

Downloading and installing the Gmsh mesh generator . . .
Please be patient as this can take some time.

Grid generation error.

Modifying the search path is not supported by MATLAB Compiler. Remove functions that modify the search path from your MATLAB code. To make files visible to your deployed application, add the parent folder to your MATLAB session.

I get this same error message if I try a 2D model.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Error: Modifying the search path is not supported by MATLAB Compiler

Precise Simulation
Administrator
ebryant wrote
Modifying the search path is not supported by MATLAB Compiler. Remove functions that modify the search path from your MATLAB code. To make files visible to your deployed application, add the parent folder to your MATLAB session.
Thank you for reporting the issue. I assume you are running the stand-alone version (and not as a Matlab toolbox correctly). This seems to be an issue with the compiled (stand-alone) version and should hopefully be fixed in the next release. For now you can download the external mesh generators manually and put in "%USERPROFILE%/Documents/MATLAB/.featool" (as I think you've done already).
Reply | Threaded
|

ebryant
Yes, this is the stand-alone version.

FEATool actually did download the gmsh generator. I'm not sure why it keeps saying it needs to download it again. To verify, I downloaded it from the link you provided and diff'd the files; they are identical.

I don't think I need to use the FEATool gmesh generator, so this shouldn't hold up my workflow. But, this is a permanent error. Any time I try to use the gmesh generator FEATool tries to re-download it (even though it has already downloaded it) and gets the search path error.
Reply | Threaded
|

ebryant
I have retested this in the new release (App Version: 1.15.4 Build 22.05.128) and the error no longer happens. I am now able to successfully generate a grid using gmsh.

Thanks for the really quick fix! :)