Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can't execute install file

randress
Ok. I feel like I have lost my mind. I have been installing and uninstalling various Matlab versions and now wish to return to the one I was using (to at least identify my customizations) and I cannot install FEATool.

The Matlab version is 2020a (eventually I will move to 2019a or 2011b).

I have done a clean install of Matlab and a fresh unzip of the latest FEATool (Build 069 I think). But when I go to execute the FEATool .mlappinstall file no program is found to execute it (Windows 7).

Here is are the files:

and here is what I get when I try to execute it:

I feel so stupid. I have done this many times (well probably not exactly this, because if I had, I would have gotten the same result - that's the way computers are, right? :-) ....

Any suggestions appreciated,
-Randal

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Can't execute install file

randress
Well, nothing beats reading the documentation! ... which says to install:
1) First download the latest FEATool Multiphysics.mlappinstall toolbox installation file (if you have downloaded a zip archive instead, then extract the mlappinstall file from inside it).

2) Then start MATLAB, press the APPS toolbar button, and select the Install App button.

3) When prompted to choose a toolbox file to install, select the FEATool Multiphysics.mlappinstall file and press OK.

Which when I did, it installed... but I am certain I have done it the way described in the original post many, many times ... Oh, well ... can't argue with success

Kind regards,
-Randal
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Can't execute install file

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Not quite sure, but it could very well be that some Matlab versions do set up corresponding file associations (allowing double-click to install). Good you managed to get it installed anyhow.