Error in miu_fsi coefficient

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Error in miu_fsi coefficient

Timmy098
I'm trying to simulate the deformation of a membrane to a fluid flow, but trying to solve it immediately gives me the error "error in miu_fsi coefficient".

Here's the settings:
The geometry

May i ask if i'm doing something wrong?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Error in miu_fsi coefficient

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Hi Timmy,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Could you possibly attach an actual model file saved just before you encounter the error, as it makes it much faster and easier to reproduce issues.
Reply | Threaded
|

Timmy098
Sure. Here it is.
In this model i applied a small modification where i lowered the height under the hypothesis that the fluid may need to have a space to pass through. But it still give me the same exact error. NewTest.fea
Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Thanks for attaching the model.

It seems specifically for the FSI mode does not parse/substitute the coefficients as expected, so for now you will have to use the actual values instead of 'rho' or 'mi' in the Equation dialog coefficients. Moreover, the expression for 'E = ((270-250)/(0.298-0.258))e2' is invalid as the exponent 'e2' can only be affixed to numerical values, in this case you could do something like '((270-250)/(0.298-0.258))*1e2'.
Reply | Threaded
|

Timmy098
thank you for the answer. However the system still keeps giving me the error message "matrix is singular to working precision" despite there being no reason to do so. TrialCorrected.fea
May i ask what i'm doing wrong (wether it's an input issue or a boundary issure etc.)?