classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ut the derivative in the t-(time),

alaa_1973
hello dear
 when i need the derivative of u or w in the t (the time) i,e ut or wt and put it in box of constant for equation step for navier-stokes to find the rho or mu the program tell me dont know (wt) which mean derivative of w for the time why and how i can solve this equation with my greeting
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ut the derivative in the t-(time),

Precise Simulation
Administrator
alaa_1973 wrote
hello dear
 when i need the derivative of u or w in the t (the time) i,e ut or wt and put it in box of constant for equation step for navier-stokes to find the rho or mu the program tell me dont know (wt) which mean derivative of w for the time why and how i can solve this equation with my greeting
The syntax for equation specifications tries to as close as possible look like how one would write a partial differential equation with pen and paper. If for example the dependent variable is u like in the example above, then u' corresponds to the time derivative (the dependent variable followed by a single quote) ...

https://www.featool.com/doc/physics.html#phys_ce

Note that the time dependent term is only used to assemble the mass matrix when using a time-dependent solver, and *can not* be used as a equation, boundary, or postprocessing coefficient.