Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

phan-Thien Equation

alaa_1973
Dear.. I would like to purchase a copy of the program (FEAT00l), but I want to make sure that the equation below exists (constitutive Stress Equations (Phan –Thien)), or you are able to add the equation above. Where Phan-Thien Equation is We ∂τ/∂t=(2μ_p d-f(τ)τ)-We(u.∇τ)ʎ_1 (1-ξ)((〖∇u)〗^T.τ+τ.∇u)) And Re=ρUL/μ , f=EXP[(εPTTʎ_1)/μ_P tI(τ)] Please send the answer quickly. Thanks
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: phan-Thien Equation

Precise Simulation
Administrator
alaa_1973 wrote
Dear..
I would like to purchase a copy of the program (FEAT00l), but I want to make sure that the equation below exists (constitutive Stress Equations (Phan –Thien)), or you are able to add the equation above.
Where Phan-Thien Equation is

We ∂τ/∂t=(2μ_p d-f(τ)τ)-We(u.∇τ)ʎ_1 (1-ξ)((〖∇u)〗^T.τ+τ.∇u))
                                                                     And Re=ρUL/μ      ,       f=EXP[(εPTTʎ_1)/μ_P  tI(τ)]
 Please send the answer quickly.
Thanks
Thank you for your interest in the software. Currently there are not any built-in support for non-Newtonian flows such as the Phan-Thien model. If you are sure of the equations you might be able to modify them yourself as FEATool allows for implementing general systems of PDEs. As a starting point you might have a look at the Matlab m-script model:

https://github.com/precise-simulation/featool-multiphysics/blob/master/examples/ex_nonnewtonian1.m#L55

which illustrates how to implement the viscosity for a Power law type fluid. Although there are currently no graphical user interface (GUI) examples for non-Newtonian flows, you might have a look at the following tutorial to see how to modify and implement your own equations in the GUI:

https://www.featool.com/doc/fluid_dynamics_03_axisymmetric_flow1