classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

"loading resources can take a minute..." or hours

mariano.longo
Goodmorning,

I just downloaded and installed on MATLAB the FEATool, on first startup it's still loading resources after 2 hours. Is it normal? Is there something I can do to speed up the loading now and for next times I use the app?

Thank you very much for your attention
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: "loading resources can take a minute..." or hours

Precise Simulation
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Thank you for trying FEATool and reporting the issue, it should normally not take more than a minute to start so it seems the toolbox has stuck in the startup phase somehow. To better diagnose issues could you:

1) Report your system information (computer, operating system and Matlab version etc).

2) Do any FEATool related figure windows or splash screens open?

3) If it exists could you attach or post the contents of the file:

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\MATLAB\.featool\featool_log.txt
Reply | Threaded
|

mariano.longo
First of all thank you for your kindly response;

1) Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows 10 Pro, MATLAB R2020b

2) Yes, there are two FEATool screens open, one is the FEATool start page with "License, Decline, Accept", the other is the FEATool main page, with everything in grey beacuse it's loading.

3)Here it is:
26-Nov-2020 11:06:46: LC : key file does not exist.
26-Nov-2020 11:06:46: LC : key file does not exist.
26-Nov-2020 11:06:54: Starting FEATool Multiphysics, Version 1.13, Build Number 20.11.324
26-Nov-2020 11:06:47: System {"system":["PCWIN64-L","Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.959]","Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz","MATLAB 9.9.0.1524771 (R2020b) Update 2"]}:14ABC57FD06E; MATLAB MATLAB 9.9.0.1524771 (R2020b) Update 2
26-Nov-2020 11:06:47: License

26-Nov-2020 11:06:54: tempdir(W)  = E:\Users\Longom\AppData\Local\Temp\
26-Nov-2020 11:06:54: app_home    = E:\Users\Longom\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Apps\FEAToolMultiphysics
26-Nov-2020 11:06:54: app_path(W) = E:\Users\Longom\onedrive\documents\MATLAB\.featool
Geom mode.
Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Thank you for the information, I will have a look. Does nothing happen if you click on the "Accept" (or any) button on the splash screen/dialog?
Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
In reply to this post by mariano.longo
I have tried but been unable to replicate the issue so far. Unfortunately this issue seems to have something to do with your particular system which is very hard to diagnose remotely. You might be able to start by bypassing the startup phase, to do this try the following:

0) Look in the folder named "E:\Users\Longom\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Apps" for a folder named something like "FEAToolMultiphysics" .

1) Start Matlab.

2) Enter the command in the Matlab CLI with the path found in step (0):

addpath 'E:\Users\Longom\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Apps\FEAToolMultiphysics'

3) Start featool with the command:

featool

If you try this please let me know if it works or not.
Reply | Threaded
|

mariano.longo
Thank you very much for your kind attention and work.
I temporarily solved the issue with another pc, in whic FEATool work perfectly. If I need, I will try again with the previous pc and I will let you know.

Thanks a lot again, really appreciated