classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

flow map

James
Hi,

For flow velocity with direction and values, would it be possible to show the flow map in Featool similar to the one that was published (see attached figure), where arrow shows the direction and color line shows the velocities. I tried to generate the flow velocity map in Featool (see right figures in the attached picture), but I found three limitations:

(1) the arrow shows direction and length shows the velocity, and only one color can be shown for arrows.
(2) Due to the different magnitude of flow velocities in different domains, it cannot be shown at one plot.
(3) The arrow head is too big so it either looks weird if there is wide space or overlaps with others if there is narrow space.

Thanks,

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: flow map

Precise Simulation
Administrator
aThanks for the suggestion, it kind of looks like it is more of a contour plot with arrows on the lines, rather than a pure arrow plot. However, currently only single colored arrows are implemented.

If you are comfortable with Matlab scripting it would be possible to achieve something similar, by first exporting the model data to the command line. Then using "postplot(fea, ...)" to plot your background images. Create an array of point coordinates "p" where you want to make arrow, and use "v=evalexpr('my_arrow_expr', p, fea);" to evaluate the arrow data. And finally, use the quiver function to plot, scale, and color the arrows.