classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

boundary reconstruction frozen

Leon Robers
Hi Johan

So first of all thank you for improving the meshing capabilities of featool. it already helped!

As you know, boundary layers do not work for all kind of geometrie using gmsh. In my case, this sometimes leads just to an uncomplete grid, but sometimes the whole featool app freezes while "boundary reconstruction" is still running (and never finishing though). The only way to cancel the process is to shut down matlab with the task manger.

It would be nice if there was a way to terminate the bdr-reconstruction process after a certain time (or if it terminates itself)

This error occured for the following model when I specify boundary layers on bdr 1, 2, 5, 13 , 14, 15 with
mesh size: 0.3
smoothing: 5
Cell type: quad
layer size: 0.4
aspect ratio: 1.2
Cells: 5

CFD_V9_7_2D.fea

But I guess it's independent from the layer settings but only dependent on the chosen boundaries
Best wishes
leon
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: boundary reconstruction frozen

Precise Simulation
Administrator
This specific error was due to a completely broken grid (you can maybe guess that this is the case due to the Gmsh error messages during the mesh generation) leading to a while loop never exiting. I have made a fix for this for the final release (the grid is still broken but FEATool will not lock up).

Leon Robers wrote
As you know, boundary layers do not work for all kind of geometrie using gmsh. In my case, this sometimes leads just to an uncomplete grid, but sometimes the whole featool app freezes while "boundary reconstruction" is still running (and never finishing though). The only way to cancel the process is to shut down matlab with the task manger.

It would be nice if there was a way to terminate the bdr-reconstruction process after a certain time (or if it terminates itself)

This error occured for the following model when I specify boundary layers on bdr 1, 2, 5, 13 , 14, 15 with ...

But I guess it's independent from the layer settings but only dependent on the chosen boundaries