Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Using Geometry menu "Decompose geometry..."

randress
When applying the Decompose geometry tool, the pop-up dialog explains that the process can be reversed by immediately applying the "Undo/Revert" operation.  What I find is that the Undo/Revert adds the original objects back to the geometry along with what ever may have been the result of the Decompose geometry operation.  To return to the original set of objects, the Decompose geometry results must be manually deleted.  

If this behavior is correct it is not a problem, I just want to be sure that when I use it that the original model can be restored by Undo followed by manually deleting the Decompose geometry results.

Here are two examples after having applied Decompose geometry:                                                                    

decompose_geom.fea

and

decompose_geom2.fea

Kind regards,
Randal
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Using Geometry menu "Decompose geometry..."

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Yes, there is no "intelligent" bookkeeping of objects so this is currently how it works, you have to manually delete the objects you don't want to keep after reverting. This is more meant as a step to check your geometry before meshing (as geometry decomposition is automatically applied before meshing so as not to have overlapping parts).
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Using Geometry menu "Decompose geometry..."

randress
Fair enough... just checking...

-Randal