classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Thermal and deformation analysis of a polymer waveguide

muratbaran
Hello ,
I am a master student in Leibniz University, Germany. I work on a student project, 'thermal and deformation analysis of a polymer waveguide'. I have already obtained the datas about the thermal, stress, and the deformation analysis. There are already many tutorials about them. They helped me. I am at the last step of the project. I should observe the thermo-optic change in the index of refraction of the laser beam propagation. Do you know anything about it? Is there a physics mode in FEAtool Multiphysics. You know that I should find the equation and the boundary conditions about it. I would be very appreciated if you help me.
Sincerely,
Murat Baran
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thermal and deformation analysis of a polymer waveguide

Precise Simulation
Administrator
There are currently not any pre-defined FEATool examples or models available for simulation of thermo-optic change in the index of refraction of laser beam propagation. However, if you are familiar with and know the PDEs and boundary conditions you can maybe use the custom PDE equation and customization functionality to implement the PDEs and model yourself. The custom PDE syntax has been designed to be as close to how you would write equations on paper as possible, see for example

[1]: Modeling with Custom Equations in the FEATool Multiphysics GUI
[2]: Custom Equations and the Weak PDE Formulation Equation Syntax

muratbaran wrote
I should observe the thermo-optic change in the index of refraction of the laser beam propagation. Do you know anything about it? Is there a physics mode in FEAtool Multiphysics. You know that I should find the equation and the boundary conditions about it. I would be very appreciated if you help me.