Slice Plot of 3D Result Showing Iso Contour Lines on a Slice

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Slice Plot of 3D Result Showing Iso Contour Lines on a Slice

randress
The attached is a screen shot of a 3D model result. The plot option chosen is "Slice Plot" in the X-Y plane at z=0.5.

I would like to plot this same data on the slice but using iso contour lines rather than (or overplayed with) a rainbow plot.

I note that 2D iso contours are available, how about in 3D on a 2D surface (slice or planar boundary)?

Kind regards,
Randal
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Slice Plot of 3D Result Showing Iso Contour Lines on a Slice

Precise Simulation
Administrator
randress wrote
The attached is a screen shot of a 3D model result. The plot option chosen is "Slice Plot" in the X-Y plane at z=0.5.

I would like to plot this same data on the slice but using iso contour lines rather than (or overplayed with) a rainbow plot.

I note that 2D iso contours are available, how about in 3D on a 2D surface (slice or planar boundary)?

Kind regards,
Randal
Iso lines in 3D are not currently available with the built-in FEATool postprocessing tools. However, you should most certainly be able to do this in ParaView if you export the postprocessing data in VTK format (by selecting "Export Results..." > "ParaView VTK/VTP Format..." from the "Post" menu).
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Slice Plot of 3D Result Showing Iso Contour Lines on a Slice

randress
Precise Simulation wrote
Iso lines in 3D are not currently available with the built-in FEATool postprocessing tools. However, you should most certainly be able to do this in ParaView if you export the postprocessing data in VTK format (by selecting "Export Results..." > "ParaView VTK/VTP Format..." from the "Post" menu).
Evidently this export capability is only available in the upgraded versions. Correct?

-Randal