Questions regarding to geometry import and installation on a standalone PC without internet connection

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Questions regarding to geometry import and installation on a standalone PC without internet connection

Submitted Questions
Sergei wrote
I’m evaluating FEATool and have a few questions regarding to geometry import and installation on a standalone PC without internet connection:

1. I don’t have MatLab and, thus, I’m trying to import a primitive geometry (simple sphere) into the v.1.11 (build 19.07.210). However, an error message appears (screenshot attached). Could you suggest a solution to solve this issue?
The geometry engine has been significantly improved since v1.11, and your colleague mentioned you do have Matlab licenses. So if possible please install Matlab and the most recent FEATool version on your test system. If the import still doesn't work please file a full issue report with steps to reproduce the issue (and attach model file you are trying to import).

Sergei wrote
2. How to install FEATool on a standalone PC without internet connection?
You can download the latest version from https://www.featool.com/download , and follow the installation instructions on the same page.

Sergei wrote
3. Also, can you provide SSL certificate for Meshviewer app? Even with the local admin rights the program can’t be started. Please see Meshviewer protection attachment.
As indicated in the readme for the mesh viewer application, it is a simple open source prototype so you can download the Python script and run it directly from python. Commercial support for application customization and deployment is available separately.