Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Plane Splitting in Geometry Module does not function

bwalker000
Whenever I try to select a geometry to split I get a message that says "Select geometry object(s) to split."

I've restarted and rebuilt the geometric model.

I tried a workaround by creating a box and subtracting it. I got the same issue.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Plane Splitting in Geometry Module does not function

Precise Simulation
Administrator
bwalker000 wrote
Whenever I try to select a geometry to split I get a message that says "Select geometry object(s) to split."

I've restarted and rebuilt the geometric model.

I tried a workaround by creating a box and subtracting it. I got the same issue.
Did you select a geometry object before pressing the "split" button? (When objects are selected they will be highlighted in red, and their corresponding name/tags will also be marked in blue in the "Geometry objects" list box).

If this does not help, please share your toolbox and system information (press "System Info..." in the "Help" menu).

Reply | Threaded
|

bwalker000
I did do that. No success.

Requested Info:

App Id: FEATool Multiphysics
     App Version: 1.15.2 Build 21.12.347
     App License: Unregistered
        App Path: /Users/bill/Library/Application Support/MathWorks/MATLAB Add-Ons/Apps/FEAToolMultiphysics
       User Path: /Users/bill/Documents/MATLAB/.featool
       User Home: /Users/bill
         Runtime: R2022a en_US
          System: MACI64-L
              Id: 5AEE24297203
             Cpu: UnknownMacCPU
    Geom Engine2: geomtool
    Geom Binary2: /Users/bill/Library/Application Support/MathWorks/MATLAB Add-Ons/Apps/FEAToolMultiphysics/bin/geomtool_mac
   Geom Version2: 1.6.0
    Geom Engine3: geomtool
    Geom Binary3: /Users/bill/Library/Application Support/MathWorks/MATLAB Add-Ons/Apps/FEAToolMultiphysics/bin/geomtool_mac
   Geom Version3: 1.6.0
  FEniCS Version: Not found. bash -c "dolfin-version 2>/dev/null || python3 -c 'import dolfin;print(dolfin.__version__)'" command failed.
        OpenFOAM: Not found
      SU2 Binary: /Users/bill/Library/Application Support/MathWorks/MATLAB Add-Ons/Apps/FEAToolMultiphysics/lib/su2/SU2_CFD_mac
     SU2 Version: Unknown

Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Thank you for sharing your system information. If you are still running the Rosetta ARM>x86 emulation layer it could be something with timing issues that makes GUI events trigger incorrectly or out of sync. Its hard to say what might have gone wrong, as suggested earlier when having issues running under MacOS switching to a linux VM (such as VirtualBox) would usually work.