classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
aye
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OpenFoam Error

aye
WhileI'm trying to solve fluid dynamics " Flow around a cylinder tutorial " by using the feaTool Interface and try to solve a problem with openFoam.I received the following error after pressing solve in the openForm .

Invalid file identifier.Use fopen to generate a valid file identifier

Line 0 in featool
        Line 0 in featool
        Line 0 in featool
        Line 0 in featool
        Line 0 in featool

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: OpenFoam Error

Precise Simulation
Administrator
This is very hard to debug without more information but it could be due to not have write permission as some files need to be written to run OpenFOAM. Could you try:

1) Does running the first "Laminar Channel Flow" example work with the OpenFOAM solver?

2) Can you run the following code in Matlab and report if there are any errors?

file = 'C:\Users\GView\Documents\MATLAB\.featool\testfile';
    fid = fopen(file,'w');
    fprintf(fid,'1');
    fclose(fid);
    assert(strtrim(fileread(file))=='1')
    delete(file)

file = fullfile(tempdir(),'testfile');
    fid = fopen(file,'w');
    fprintf(fid,'2');
    fclose(fid);
    assert(strtrim(fileread(file))=='2')
    delete(file)

aye wrote
WhileI'm trying to solve fluid dynamics " Flow around a cylinder tutorial " by using the feaTool Interface and try to solve a problem with openFoam.I received the following error after pressing solve in the openForm .

Invalid file identifier.Use fopen to generate a valid file identifier

aye
Reply | Threaded
|

aye
This post was updated on .
1)yes, I run Laminar Channel Flow, flow around a cylinder and Turbulent Flow Over a Backwards Facing Step (OpenFOAM)  example work with the OpenFOAM solver?. all of the example show like previously

2) I run the  code you send me in Matlab . don't show any error.It's ok  but I can't solve that problem until now
Please help me. how to do?
Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Thank you for trying the above.

(1) Could you first uninstall you current FEATool version, then (2) download and install the following build:  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/338poceqli4tclm/featool-multiphysics-build-20p03p061.zip?dl=0

and (3) try the cylinder flow model with the OpenFOAM solver again and see if there are any errors (or more clear error messages now)?

If this still does not work could you then just (4) try to use the "Export" button in the "OpenFOAM Settings" dialog box to see if it generates any OpenFOAM case files or if there also are errors here?

aye wrote
1)yes, I run Laminar Channel Flow, flow around a cylinder and Turbulent Flow Over a Backwards Facing Step (OpenFOAM)  example work with the OpenFOAM solver?. all of the example show like previously

2) I run the  code you send me in Matlab . don't show any error.It's ok  but I can't solve that problem until now
Please help me. how to do?