|

OpenFOAM Solve Error reference to non-existing field 'ns'

mgriffith
Hello,

Windows 10
Matlab 2018a
blueCFD-Core-2017
OpenFOAM 5.0

I have been using the OpenFOAM solver and I was having trouble getting it to converge, so I exported the case file and made some modifications and ran it directly with the OpenFOAM command line interface. After I did that the first time I click on the OpenFOAM button on the solve mode screen I get a popup with the following error:

reference to non-existing field 'ns'

subsequent clicks on the OpenFOAM button don't result in a popup error, but nothing happens. Strangely I can still call openfoam(fea) from the matlab command window and that works fine.

Thoughts? This is the second time I ran into this problem. The first time I just reinstalled blueCFD and that fixed it, but I don't really want to keep doing that.

Let me know if you need more information,

Matt
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenFOAM Solve Error reference to non-existing field 'ns'

mgriffith
Update: after a total restart I don't get an error anymore.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenFOAM Solve Error reference to non-existing field 'ns'

Precise Simulation
Administrator
In reply to this post by mgriffith
Thank you  for the issue report. Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce the issue trying the following from your description:

- Running the "flow in a channel" tutorial model
- Switch to "Solve" mode and select "OpenFOAM" solver
- "Export" case files
- Close OpenFOAM settings dialog box/solve
- Re-open the OpenFOAM settings dialg box

If you experience this issue again please, note and submit step-by-step instructions to reproduce the issue if possible.

Furthermore, the FEATool GUI has its own internal memory space, so changing/editing variables on the Matlab command line will not affect the GUI model.