Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mouse stuck on GUI window divider button

randress
There seems to be a horizontal divider on the GUI that separates the upper graphics window and the lower Command window.   If I left-mouse click on the "button" in the middle of the divider, both windows go blank and the mouse is "stuck" to the button. If I move the mouse up, the divider goes up. If I move the mouse down the divider goes down. But I cannot detach the mouse from the divider except to close featool.
Window_resize_stuck.doc
What am I missing?

Regards,
Randal
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Mouse stuck on GUI window divider button

Precise Simulation
Administrator
randress wrote
There seems to be a horizontal divider on the GUI that separates the upper graphics window and the lower Command window.   If I left-mouse click on the "button" in the middle of the divider, both windows go blank and the mouse is "stuck" to the button. If I move the mouse up, the divider goes up. If I move the mouse down the divider goes down. But I cannot detach the mouse from the divider except to close featool.
Window_resize_stuck.doc
What am I missing?
This is a workaround to allow resizing of the main window. This may be system dependent but a single left click should allow one to resize the partition between the main GUI axis and the log/output window, and another single click should fix the size (and release the mouse from the divider).
Reply | Threaded
|

randress
I think I  have figured out a reproducer (at least on Windows).

[first to see it work]
1. Start FEAtool (from MATLAB)
2. Accept default 2D, Poisson Equation model type. <OK>
3. Use re-size button as intended ... it works.
4. Close FEAtool

[then to see it fail]
4. Start FEAtool
5. Change 2D to 3D and accept <OK>
6. Attempt to re-size the window ... mouse sticks to button ... Command window shows in red:
Warning: Setting the "WindowButtonDownFcn" property is not permitted while this mode is active.
Warning: Setting the "WindowButtonUpFcn" property is not permitted while this mode is active.
7. Must kill/exit FEAtool

Does it work/not-work for you?

-Randal
Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
randress wrote
I think I  have figured out a reproducer (at least on Windows).

[first to see it work]
1. Start FEAtool (from MATLAB)
2. Accept default 2D, Poisson Equation model type. <OK>
3. Use re-size button as intended ... it works.
4. Close FEAtool

[then to see it fail]
4. Start FEAtool
5. Change 2D to 3D and accept <OK>
6. Attempt to re-size the window ... mouse sticks to button ... Command window shows in red:
Warning: Setting the "WindowButtonDownFcn" property is not permitted while this mode is active.
Warning: Setting the "WindowButtonUpFcn" property is not permitted while this mode is active.
7. Must kill/exit FEAtool

Does it work/not-work for you?
Yes, now I see the issue. It seems when an uitoggletool (Rotate, Pan, or Zoom-in/out) is active at the same time as the divider is being moved a function collision occurs. I will add a fix for this in the next update. In the meantime the resizing should work if you first disable/deselect all of the rotate, pan, or zoom-in/out toolbar buttons. Thanks for reporting the issue.
Reply | Threaded
|

randress
Precise Simulation wrote
...In the meantime the resizing should work if you first disable/deselect all of the rotate, pan, or zoom-in/out toolbar buttons. ...
Thanks! Easy workaround.