Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Modeling Fluid balancer for Washing machine

rajugopalan
I am presently modelling the WM using Multibody in MATLAB (Using Simscape Multibody) as of now the
fluid balancer sloshing is not included as it is a CFD problem.(VOF). I wanted to simulate  the sloshing
and want to integrate with MATLAB- Simscape Multibody  transferring the forces from fluid to the
Fluid balancer structure (FSI simulation) will FEA toll support this problem kindly advice.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Modeling Fluid balancer for Washing machine

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Thank you for your interest and question.

The pre-defined equations and physics modes are listed here:

https://www.featool.com/doc/physics.html#phys_modes

and does currently not include multiphase flows and VOF methods. As FEATool allows for setting up and user defined systems of PDEs one could technically implement a custom two-phase flow model (for example with the level set method).

So yes, it would technically be possible, but again as there are no pre-existing ready examples or models for you to use so it would involve a lot of custom work (by you).
Reply | Threaded
|

dfcaporale
Hi!

I haven't heard about FEATool until now! It looks great. Congrats!

I'm willing to solve a multiphase flow with VOF methods. In particular, I'm interested in simulating the Saffman-Taylor instability (viscous fingering). Since these are my first steps in such a tool, and I found this message in the forum, I'm wondering if you have already worked out any examples with VOF methods to share with me.

Thanks in advance!

Daniel
Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
dfcaporale wrote
Hi!

I haven't heard about FEATool until now! It looks great. Congrats!

I'm willing to solve a multiphase flow with VOF methods. In particular, I'm interested in simulating the Saffman-Taylor instability (viscous fingering). Since these are my first steps in such a tool, and I found this message in the forum, I'm wondering if you have already worked out any examples with VOF methods to share with me.

Thanks in advance!

Daniel
Hi Daniel,

More OpenFOAM solvers have not been added to FEATool yet. Although its technically possible, it takes significant work to make interfaces for new physics applications. Possibly you could use FEATool to create and export OpenFOAM grids and basic case files, then modify them for the VOF solver, and run it manually.

Reply | Threaded
|

dfcaporale
Oh, I see. Thanks for your answer. I look forward to tackling the VOF case study the way you mentioned.

Regards