classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Licensing Questions

Woven6280
Hi!

1) Quick question - is it possible to upgrade from CFDTool Perpetual License to FEATool Perpetual License? Do I just pay the price difference?

2) What are the terms of the personal use license?

Thank you!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Licensing Questions

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Thank you for using the software and the questions.

Woven6280 wrote
1) Quick question - is it possible to upgrade from CFDTool Perpetual License to FEATool Perpetual License? Do I just pay the price difference?
Yes, certainly this is possible. Please get in touch directly with your current license information for a custom quote to arrange this. (https://www.featool.com/about#contact)

Woven6280 wrote
2) What are the terms of the personal use license?
Personal licenses may not be used in work related activities (such as consulting, commercial work, or academic research).
Reply | Threaded
|

Woven6280
Thank you for the quick reply.

I am a product engineering consultant and also have a blog where I write about engineering projects that I usually do for fun. Occasionally new clients find me through the blog.

Could I use FEAToolbox for personal non-paid non-revenue generating projects that I do for fun and post about it on my blog that sometimes leads to me getting clients?
Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Woven6280 wrote
I am a product engineering consultant and also have a blog where I write about engineering projects that I usually do for fun. Occasionally new clients find me through the blog.

Could I use FEATool box for personal non-paid non-revenue generating projects that I do for fun and post about it on my blog that sometimes leads to me getting clients?
I think that would better be determined on a case by case basis, since if you end up using the software for your consulting projects it would fall under commercial use. Please get in touch with some more information about your blog and intended use if you are interested in discussing it further in your particular case.
Reply | Threaded
|

Woven6280
Sure, is there an email I can use to discuss further since I don't want to post my website publicly?

And just to clarify, I would not be using the personal license to do any paid CFD consulting work - I definitely understand that paid CFD consulting would require a commercial license. I just don't know if what I mentioned earlier about my blog is acceptable use for a personal license.
Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Woven6280 wrote
Sure, is there an email I can use to discuss further since I don't want to post my website publicly?

And just to clarify, I would not be using the personal license to do any paid CFD consulting work - I definitely understand that paid CFD consulting would require a commercial license. I just don't know if what I mentioned earlier about my blog is acceptable use for a personal license.
You can maybe use the contact form linked previously, or send a private message via this forum.
BB
Reply | Threaded
|

BB
Hi sir,

I am a Ph.D. student can I use it as a MATLAB toolbox for free? and further, use in my research paper with courtesy credit as citation?