Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Latest Win 10 version 2004 update causes problem

tkdiff
After a Windows 10 update to the latest version of 2004 (KB4566782), FEATool hangs Matlab when running some problems.  I ran the sample program Space Time Transformation of Heat Conduction, and it just gets through running the example and hangs both FEATool and Matlab, with the spinning circle.  Other examples run OK.  Anyone else seeing this?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Latest Win 10 version 2004 update causes problem

mgriffith
Hey tkdiff,

After I updated windows my license isn't working.
Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041

I don't know if that is related to your problem.
Reply | Threaded
|

randress
Folks,

I don't have W10 ... but I do know, from experience :-(, that certain changes to your configuration will cause problems with the license. I reinstalled my network drivers and that put me out of operation.  I had to get another install key (the key only works once) from Precise Simulation.

You might contact them with a request to [email protected] .

Regards,
Randal
Reply | Threaded
|

tkdiff
In reply to this post by mgriffith
I've installed multiple windows updates, and installed, deleted and reinstalled multiple versions of FEATool as they came out, and have never had a license issue.  Note:  When I update from one version to another of FEATool, I've discovered that the best way is to uninstall via Matlab, then delete the FEATool folder in Windows, the install the app by using the Matlab "Install App" operation and have it point to the unzipped FEATool *.mlappinstall file, then start the app and re-save the Matlab path with the newly incorporated folder/file locations.  If I don't do this, I end up with multiple FEATool folders and Matlab doesn't know which one to point to.