Is it possible to have athermal analysis of a board inside a box?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Is it possible to have athermal analysis of a board inside a box?

federicoma
Hi, I'm a new forum member, I'm evaluating FEATool, thanks for your attention.
question: Is it possible to have a thermal analysis of an electronic  board inside a box?

details: I have a .step file of the lower shell of the box, and a .step file of upper shell of the box, I have a .step file of an electronic board, I have this problems:
- how can I put the electronic board in the correct position inside the lower shell and, the same question, how can I close the box putting the upper shell in the right position?
- Once I successfully complete the first step, will it be possible to edit the thermal properties of the electronic board inside the box? Will I be able to check the temperature of the components?

I didn't find an example of something inside a box, with a thermal conduction/convection sistuation inside the box different from the thermal convection outside the box, do you have an example to suggest?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Is it possible to have athermal analysis of a board inside a box?

Precise Simulation
Administrator
federicoma wrote
question: Is it possible to have a thermal analysis of an electronic  board inside a box?

details: I have a .step file of the lower shell of the box, and a .step file of upper shell of the box, I have a .step file of an electronic board, I have this problems:
- how can I put the electronic board in the correct position inside the lower shell and, the same question, how can I close the box putting the upper shell in the right position?
- Once I successfully complete the first step, will it be possible to edit the thermal properties of the electronic board inside the box? Will I be able to check the temperature of the components?

I didn't find an example of something inside a box, with a thermal conduction/convection sistuation inside the box different from the thermal convection outside the box, do you have an example to suggest?
Technically, yes it should be possible to perform this kind of simulation. In practice it typically depends how complex your geometry and resulting mesh if it will be possible. Please have a look at some of the heat transfer tutorials.

Regarding positioning, you can move your geometry objects with the transform geometry object button.