2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Illogical input not guarded and/or opening a 2D Workplane

randress
This post was updated on .
[v1p13-b2p1]

Ok.  I was not actually checking illogical input processing :-)

It was actually an absent minded accident.  

I set out to work with ellipses using the 2D workplane and brought up the dialog to create the Workplane... but, 1) thinking that I was actually about to create an ellipse (getting ahead of myself) and 2) forgetting that I was not in 3D creating an ellipsoid and 3) remembering that the ellipsoid radii make more sense to me when the default axis is [0 0 1], I entered [0 0 1] as the "tangent vector" in the "Define Workplane" dialog....

and clicked "OK" and got the result that I deserved  - FEATool became unresponsive. :-(

Is it any wonder that I stumble onto unusual bugs :-))))

Kind regards,
Randal

============= Post Script ===============

I went back to do what I intended to do - open a 2D Workplane with default arguments - and it ALSO hung!

So, I suppose THAT may be the actual bug (opening any Workplane) ... hence the "and/or" in the post title.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Illogical input not guarded and/or opening a 2D Workplane

Precise Simulation
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Thanks for the report, that is odd that 2d workplane completely hangs. It should (try to) recompute a orthogonal coordinate system which might be difficult with perfectly colinear vectors, but apart from that it should work.

This issue is caused by not having any geometry already in the gui. It should work if you add some (temporary) 3d object first. Also note that by marking a face before selecting the 2d workplane sets the workplane aligned to the chosen face.