2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How can I run MATLAB m-script file FSI examples

Md Abdur Rahman
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I can see that there are three more FSI examples in the examples folder 'ex_fluidstructure2.m', 'ex_fluidstructure3.m', and 'ex_fluidstructure4.m'. How can I load/run those example in GUI or can directly run in Matlab?
I tried to load it in GUI, it says, "Couldn't Load the File". Also, I tried to run the .m files in Matlab directly, it's shows again error.
Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Md
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How can I run MATLAB m-script file FSI examples

Precise Simulation
Administrator
FEATool Multiphysics supports three different model formats:

1) Binary format designated by the ".fea" file extension, which can be loaded in to the GUI. This format is the most convenient as it saves all model data such as mesh and solutions in the file.

2) FEATool GUI script format designated by the ".fes" file extension, which saves and automatically plays back GUI commands and actions as if you are using the GUI. This format is used for the built-in tutorials found in the "File" > "Model Examples and Tutorials" section (but in contrast to the binary format requires meshes and solutions to be recomputed each time the model is openened).

3) MATLAB m-file script format designated by the ".m" file exension. These files are simple and editable MATLAB script text files that utilizes FEATool functions to run FEA and simulation models without the GUI (and can therefore not be opened and loaded back in to the GUI). (When modeling in the GUI each action, for example button click, is logged and corresponds to a FEATool MATLAB function.)

Note that file formats (1) and (3) requires a valid license and are not supported by the free/trial version.