Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Featool 1.12.1 post processing options

tkdiff
I've been playing with the new post processing options in v1.12.1, and have been trying to understand what the Range option does.  If I just look at the plot generated by the model, it inserts the range of numbers calculated.  If I check the box and change the Range numbers, it just seems to affect the plot and not the axes.  For example, if the data Y goes from 15 to 20, and I change the range to 17 to 19, it just seems to compress the data into the smaller range, changing the shape of the graph, rather than just show a shorter range of data.  Is this normal behavior, or not expected?  
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Featool 1.12.1 post processing options

Precise Simulation
Administrator
tkdiff wrote
I've been playing with the new post processing options in v1.12.1, and have been trying to understand what the Range option does.  If I just look at the plot generated by the model, it inserts the range of numbers calculated.  If I check the box and change the Range numbers, it just seems to affect the plot and not the axes.  For example, if the data Y goes from 15 to 20, and I change the range to 17 to 19, it just seems to compress the data into the smaller range, changing the shape of the graph, rather than just show a shorter range of data.  Is this normal behavior, or not expected?
The "range" option limits or clips your postprocessing data to be within this range (by default the full min and max of your data is shown). This can be useful if you have very large exponential data and want to look closer at a small subset. In for 2D and 3D surface and slice plots this limits the color range by using the equivalent caxis Matlab command.