FEATool Multiphysics v1.11 Released with Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI) Solver
FEATool Multiphysics 1.11 is now available and extends the multi-simulation solver concept even further by introducing a fluid-structure interaction (FSI) solver (in addition to the existing built-in multiphysics, OpenFOAM, and FEniCS solver integrations).
In addition, the 3D geometry engine has been updated with support for the OpenCASCADE and BRL-CAD open source CSG geometry engines, as well as new built-in geometry primitives for more complex geometries.
FEATool Multiphysics 1.11 also features:
- More efficient sparse linear solvers, such as MUMPS, and GMRES/BiCGStab with ILU(k) preconditioning.
- Dedicated and improved treatment of internal/interior boundaries
- Support for Gmsh v4.x GEO file format geometry import and export
- New examples and tutorials for thermo-mechanical coupling, fluid-structure interaction, and non-Newtonian flow
- P1/P2 bubble, Nedelec curl, and Raviart-Thomas vector finite element shape functions
- Miscellaneous GUI and usability improvements