The FEATool Multiphysics toolbox version 1.15 is now available, introducing a new CFD mode to make it easy to set up and simulate non-Newtonian flows. Pre-defined viscosity models for shear thinning and shear thickening power law, Cross power law, and Bird-Carreau type of flow behaviors are fully supported. Moreover, users can also easily define their own custom shear rate dependent viscosity using the convenient equation syntax, just like writing equations by hand. The non-Newtonian flow models can be used in fully coupled multiphysics models, as well as with the built-in support for the external OpenFOAM and FEniCS solvers.
Furthermore, the new release also includes new and updated mesh generation algorithms, and improved graphics performance for visualization of large scale models. All features can be used from the easy to use GUI, and also exported as equivalent MATLAB and Python script models, allowing for full flexibility and completely user customized simulations.
- Added non-Newtonian flow physics mode for power law Bird-Carreau, and Cross power law viscosity models
- New non-Newtonian tutorial example for polymer flow extrusion
- New 3D solid-thermal stress validation and tutorial example
- Improved graphics performance for 3D plots
- Changed 3D plots to fill the whole viewport with CAD style orbit, pan, and zoom controls
- Added flip/reverse view option by double clicking on the 3D xy, xz, and yz quickview buttons
- Added solve mode GUI menu option for using solver hooks
- Improved FEniCS data and file exchange performance