Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Convection-Diffusion Analysis combined with Turbulent Flow Analysis

fwjd6420
Hi. I need your help. I want to perform a convection-diffusion analysis combined with a turbulent flow analysis using OpenFoam built in FEA Multitool physics. I can combine a convection-diffusion analysis with a laminar flow analysis. When I tried to run a convection-diffusion analysis combined with a turbulent flow analysis, I see the error below. Is there any mean to combine a convection-diffusion analysis with turbulent flow analysis using FEA Multitool Physics? I think if flow vectors can be calculated, it is possible to combine it with convection-diffusion analysis.

Error Message: openfoam: only support for a single Navier-Stokes, non-Newtonian flow or Compressible Euler physics mode.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Convection-Diffusion Analysis combined with Turbulent Flow Analysis

Precise Simulation
Administrator
You can currently not use external solvers (OpenFOAM, FEniCS, SU2) together (at the same time) with the built-in multiphysics solver. However, you can use the solution from one solver as input to another, for example using the flow field computed by OpenFOAM with the built-in heat transfer physics mode as shown in the multi-simulation example:

https://featool.com/model-showcase/06_Multiphysics_09_multi_simulation1