Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Complex model fails grid generation when enclosed in block

randress
[reference post http://forum.featool.com/Duplicate-geometric-object-tag-tp895.html]

This partial model of a human body ...

bad_bobbie.fea

... will grid generate with default parameters:

But if placed wholly within a block ...

will not...

bad_bobbie_in_block.fea

but gets error:

bad_bobbie_error.txt

Any insight into the cause and/or correction of this error would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Kind regards,
Randal

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Complex model fails grid generation when enclosed in block

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Gmsh falied not generate a valid 3D mesh with the given geometry. Possibly you have similar issues as your previous model, you can try and export the geometry and generate a mesh manually in Gmsh, or ask Gmsh support for further help on meshing issues with Gmsh.
Reply | Threaded
|

randress
Thanks for taking a look at it.  

For now, since it is not holding me up, I will just be advised.  What surprised me is that the complex model was no problem but simply placing it inside a cube causes a problem. But I understand that creating these gird/cells is quite complex.

Again, thanks for taking a look.

Kind regards,
Randal
Reply | Threaded
|

Precise Simulation
Administrator
Consider a "L" or "V" shaped corner or region. The mesh generator has a lot of options to create high quality cells on the "outside" while on the "inside" there is much less freedom, especially if you throw in some very small boundaries/faces which must be respected, I'm guessing that is what happens here. It depends on which side you're looking form if its easy or not, and when you embed the object in a block both sides must work.